Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Acts of kindness

My week got off to a pretty slow start because I had to make an unplanned trip to the eye doctor. No worries though, everything is fine. I have new contacts and sexy school teacherish glasses on the way. Anyway, I have a lot of good news to share.

When I came into work after my eye doctor appointment my boss came over to my desk and sat down beside me. He asked me how I'd feel about extending my internship. I was so ecstatic that I wanted to jump up and down and kiss him, but of course I restrained myself. My colleagues knew that I was upset that I didn't get a job I interviewed for that I really wanted, and they were getting sad that they were going to lose me since they think I do such amazing work, so they approached HR about the possibility of extending my internship. It's not official yet, but I am 90% sure I am going to be there another two months at least. This will buy me time to find another job and give me the money needed to pay my bills. With classes starting up again I'll have a lot on my plate, but I think I will be able to manage.

Not only have my colleagues been campaigning for me to extend my internship, but they have also offered me to stay at their homes if need be. See my roommate is extremely nice, but a complete ditz. I didn't know men like this existed until I met him. He is like the Jessica Simpson of home repairs, and he is planning on redoing the bathroom this weekend. He has no experience with this and has taken one class at Home Depot. Somehow I don't see this being completed by the time I return from the holiday weekend, but you never know. He could surprise me. As a former Girl Scout though I know to always be prepared. Hence I need a plan B in case the bathroom is out of commission. I have been telling this story to my co-workers and they have offered to let me stay at their homes if I need someone to go for a few days. How amazing is that? Some people might think it's strange, but I swear these people are the most genuine and kindest people I have ever worked with in my life. They have only known me 3 months and they are going out of their way to help me. I don't mean to sound all mushy, but it honestly does warm my heart. It keeps me hopeful that even though there is a lot of bad stuff that happens in the world, kindness still exists.

On the same note, my FWB (friend with benefits) R came over this weekend. I was reluctant to invite him over because we always hook up and then it never materializes into anything. I realize that a FWB isn't held to the same rules as someone a gal is dating, or even a boyfriend, but I would think I deserve more than one text message a week. That is what the friends part means. Anyhow, I have been blowing him off for a few weeks because I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I rented some movies and it seemed harmless enough to invite him over. He actually showed up with a bottle of wine, which was a very thoughtful gesture, and we watched the movie without any interruptions. I was pleasantly surprised. He did end up sleeping over, and yes we did hook up, but we talked a lot in the morning like the last time he slept over. I feel like in the past two months things are getting deeper. I mean he sat there stroking my shoulder and planting kisses on me as we were talking. Whenever we're together it feels like we're dating, but we're not. Honestly I don't know if I would want to date him. I love how affectionate and gentle he is with me though. He is very protective and has good dating manners too (i.e. offers coat on cold night and puts arm around girl). I just don't think I can trust him. I have seen how he acts, and he's always juggling his exes and fibbing. I am not all about that. My friends have told me his is disgusting and to ditch him. Sometimes a girl needs to be cuddled and kissed though, and until someone else comes along who is worth 100% of my time, I don't think I can completely kick him to the curb.

Until next time my loves, Buonasera!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home