Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bathroom drama

So my roommate isn't exactly Mr. Fix-it, more like the Jessica Simpson of home repars, but he decided to redo the tiles on our bathroom floor. He was originally supposed to do this project in August when I was in New Mexico for the week, but he never did so he said Labor Day weekend he'd do it. I booked a flight to go back east where I am originally from since I knew I'd have no bathroom here and prayed for the best. During the weekend I received a call from him in which he said he likely wouldn't finish it, but that he had arranged for me to use our neighbors' bathroom since they would be gone this week. When I got back to the condo Monday night he wasn't here, but I saw a note from him. Apparently our neighbors weren't leaving until Wednesday, which means I needed to find a place to stay that night because I couldn't ask these people I barely know to use their shower at 6 a.m. the next day. That would just be grossly inappropriate. Thus, I crashed at my friend Jill's for the night, which workd well, until she told that her roommate had just returned from a 4 day stay in a state mental hospital. Now don't get me wrong I am empathetic to those with mental illnesses, but I didn't want to be caught in the middle of a drama, so I decided I shouldn't stay there again. It was on the Plan B.

Plan B was to rent a hotel room for the next night at a hotel, so I searched the Web for cheap priced one and ended up making a reservation at an inn down the street. This inn has been rated well, so I figured that although it's not the Peninsula or the Four Seasons it would suffice. Much to my dismay I realized that there was no hot water coming out of the faucet when I turned on the shower the next morning, so I called the front desk to inquire about the issue. I was told the hot water heater was broken. And why didn't they tell me this when I checked in? Grrr...crappy business practices....Nevertheless I didn't have much of a choice and needed to shower before work, so I sucked it up and jumped into the arctic freeze. When I checked out the manager wasn't on duty yet, so I called and spoke with her today. She is giving me 50% off my room rate. I think it should be more considering the whole point of me going to a hotel was to use the bathroom, but I guess I shouldn't be too ungrateful. After all I could be a flood victim in New Orleans, but I'm thankfully not.

The last few days I have been going between my condo and my neighbors' to use their bathroom, while attempting to maneuver around my place as best as possible in order to cook and do laundry. I am hoping Mr. Fix-it will fix-it all this weekend, because I will be annoyed if he doesn't. But until then, the adventure continues....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home